2006 was a good year for drama. Democrats won the House and the Senate, only to see their one seat majority die of a heart attack before the power kicked in yo. Loose Change creators released another batshit video, and all while the machine of IRL worked, drama was occurring all throughout the internets, which we now know are a series of tubes. It was the designated the International Asperger's Year (seriously) commemorating the 100th anniversary of the birth of Dr. Hans Asperger, discoverer of Asperger's Syndrome.
The most important thing to remember before reading this article is that Fred Bauder cannot practice law in Colorado due to soliciting a client's wife for prostitution.
Need a recap of what happened last year? We've got you covered.
Sheneequa's throwback to 2006.
- Bantownians claim to hijack more than 900,000 LiveJournal accounts.
- The "OH SHIT WE'RE SCREWED!" Era comes to an end.
- Madrigalskylark "goes nuts"
- thoseskinnygirls founded
- Ebaumsworld attacked by YTMND for image theft. You can guess who won.
- Jakejekyll is down with the clowns. In hell.
- Crazayjillay popped out a baby.
- Djfox left forever.
- Futuristic Sex Robotz released album Hotel Coral Essex. You have likely never heard of them.
- Delete fucking everything becomes known after Jacknstock, Banaan, and Bastardman delete a slew of articles before quitting ED forever.
- Cosplayfucks reached 1000 members again.
- Meatspin.com sold on eBay.
- David Shadle charged with first-degree murder.
- Dwarlinggirlxcore, a girl calling herself the lesbian lover of Harry Potter's Emma Watson causes plenty of lulz on ED.
- Mitchell Henderson gets his iPod stolen, and shoots himself in the head. Thus, he is the 2006 Golden iPod recipient.
- LJ mommies go batshit-insane when LJ Abuse tell them they cannot have breastfeeding default icons.
- A teacher calls a student "nigga" and sparks a massive political debacle
- Get away from the door, niggaa
- ED's 3000th Article is created.
- Andrewpants, the guy who fucked Mediacrat and lived to tell about it parties too hard and dies in the bay area.
- Christopher Walken first recorded use of powerwords.
- National Emo Kid Beatdown Day
- Jacknstock Girlvinyl's husband, Rubberduc, over a World of Warcraft edit. Jacknstock eventually gets in return for his butthurt and unfair use of his admin abilities.
- Protect fucking everything becomes known. A few days after Jacknstock is blocked and his admin powers stripped away, a vandal pagemoves hundreds of pages. All 3000 pages of ED were set to be page-move protected when Krade finds out how to remove the ability for regular users to move pages by setting
$wgGroupPermissions['user']['move'] = false.
- The founder of Purple PJs decides to go batshit crazy.
- Put shoe on head becomes known.
- ED's trademark rainbow blinkies are used to make fun of Jacknstock for being fired.
- ED's 16-year-old girl article becomes first page to reach 100, 000 page views.
- Dollfie becomes known.
- ED IRC is created.
- A bunch of asspie 13-year-olds go insane when they see that ED joked about the Beatles!
- MONGO, a Wikipedia admin, goes ballistic when a screencap of ED's main page is uploaded to TOW, and repeatedly vandalizes ED.
- ED hosts the P-p-p-powerbook tale.
- Tawneelynne provides many n00dz and lulz for the whole LJ community.
- The Great Habbo Raid of July 2006 occurs; hundreds of /b/tards, and one shitty socializing site collide
- Zany antics ensue when Hezbollah trolls Israel.
- Zenofeller tries to make his own ED by stealing content from us and Uncyclopedia. Sounds awfully familiar.
- /b/-day 2006 occurs.
- Culturalbaggage sees his three line "article" and legally threatens ED. Tfo then expands his article to what it is now and culturalbaggage quits before he gets any further behind.
- Funnelgirl becomes known.
- Littlefag becomes the self-proclaimed King of Trolls and fails horribly.
- Vincent Margera gets arrested after feeling up some 12 year old girl boobs.
- Tfo and Nets troll their own kind all over LiveJournal.
- Malerymalamute fucked some dogs and enjoyed it.
- John Mark Karr, a pedo schoolteacher who "came out" in style in 2006 to admitting to the 1996 murder-rape of a 6-year-old "beauty queen" that he didn't do. Why? Pretty much for the lulz. His journey including a l337 ride home from Bangkok on the Party Jet.
- DannyRose rapes a paraplegic fox-child.
- Duke Otterland, an autistic furry who gets pissed off about his ED article, documenting the Duke's daring exploits. Lulz ensue.
- Facebook implements a new stalking feature that had college students up in arms. Nowadays, everybody uses it.
- Kimveer Gill goes for the high score; only managing 1 kill.
- Lonelygirl15 exposed as a fraud; she gets even more subscribers than before.
- Lulzcon is hosted on September 29 and some Dramacrats got together.
- RFJason Craigslist Experiment brought ED's pagerank up to 1200 and got mentioned on countless blogs, newspapers, and even MSNBC.
- Rob Levin becomes known.
- Girlvinyl makes a false site with a petition to shut down Encyclopedia Dramatica. Many furries and wikipedophiles fall for it.
- Steve Irwin is stabbed to death by a stingray tail, through his heart.
- Ted Stevens proposes his idea that the Internets are a series of tubes.
- Borat, a troll of epic proportions including lawlsuits from two countries and - so far - three of his movie's "victims".
- Chasethehedgehog, a very talented artist finds a spot in the top 10% of DeviantART.
- Cyclotouriste, amazing, but lonely, biker/prophet looking for some poon.
- DJ Skeptik protracted an edit-war with a shitty musician.
- ED's 4000th article is created.
- LNN is born.
- Jake Brahm gets busted for threatening football.
- Mark Foley is on the prowl.
- Australians rape a retarded girl, record it, publish it, and get arrested.
- Ultraviolet News Network is born.
- OldDirtyBtard coins the term, "EDiot" in #ed.
- Buzzboard becomes known.
- PeppermintPatti becomes known after an incident involving McDonalds.
- YouTube Street Team becomes known.
- Argent009, a weirdo with a dragon fetish threatens assault, murder, e-lawsuits, FBI investigations and ends up looking stupid.
- Gay God becomes known.
- Kramer warns audience about presence of niggers and is unfairly reprimanded by the old media ogliarchy.
- Ted Haggard, a conservative Evangelist turns out to be the raging crystal queen.
- OJ Simpson announces he's signed a mega-buck deal with Rupert Murdoch's Random House Books for a book about the murder of his wife and her lover entitled "If I Did It; Here's How It Happened."
- Djdlikesxbox, a Boy who tries to pick up a chick on an IRC channel. He's not allowed on the computer anymore, for obvious reasons.
- Bravesgirl5 gets trolled off of YouTube and MySpace.
- Crossmack becomes known.
- Michael J. Fox will never be thought of as a decent human being, because of his Parkinson's.
- MONGO quits Wikipedia forever. Or at least until next week.
- YouTube Civil War trolls harness THE POWER OF ONLINE VIDEO COMMUNICATION.
- Hal Turner get ruined.
- Saddam Hussein is hanged.
| Preceded by
|2006|| Succeeded by|