- Web IRC
- Trending Articles
- The Current Year
- ED in the News
- Donate to ED
- Advertise on ED
- ED Bookmarklet
From Encyclopedia Dramatica
Acronyms are capitalized abbreviations for common phrases and ideas which are pronounced as proper words. Generally, their comprehensibility decreases as a function of their length, essentially converting something from TL;DR to TS;DR, losing it's meaning.
Note: Most of the below aren't actually acronyms. They're initialisms.
- BRB – Be Right Back
- BTW – By The Way
- FTW – For The Win
- FYI – For Your Information
- WTF – What The fuck?
- GTFO – Get The Fuck Out
- IMHO – In My Homosexual Opinion
- OMG – Oh My God – popular among 16 year old girls and 30 year old IRC addicts
- IIRC – If I Remember Correctly / I Ingest Robot Cock IIRC DOES NOT MEAN IN IRC YOU TARD
- LOL – Laughing out loud – THIS HAS BEEN CORRUPTED BY ANONYMOUS, AND IS NOW "LULZ"
- ED – Erectile Dysfunction
- GNAA – Good News And Affability
- OIC – Oh I See
- ROFL – Rolling on floor laughing
- TPB – The Pirate Bay
- CP – Captain Picard
- BME – British Methodist Episcopals
- CIA – Conflicting Information Association
- DEA – Don't Eat Acid
- DRM – Digital Rights Mismanagement
- DMCA – Dumbass Makes Court Action
- SOPA – Screwing Over Pirates Again
- FBI – Federal Butthurt Instigators
- FCC – For Corporate Communication
- MPAA – Making Pirates Always Angry
- NAACP – Not Another Angry Colored Person
- NAMBLA – North American Man-Boy Love Association
- RIAA – Really Into Anal Adventures
- RML – Read My Latest
- FOAD – Fuck off and Die
- HAND – Have A Nice Day – standard Usenet troll dialogue. Condescending. Denotes that the troll believes he has pwned you. He doesn't really want you to have a nice day.
- HTH – Hope that helps
- YHL – You Have Lost
- DIAF – Die in a fire – The troll actually means this.