Add pixplzkthnx to Christopher GregorioPlz to be adding some pix now kthnx. Consult the image selection process for help, or just google up some pix.
Plz remove this notice once there are plenty of pix.
Christopher Gregorio is a 16-year-old eccentric entrepreneur who caused a lot of DeviantART drama following a blog post he made on May 30th 2010. At this point, nobody actually saw the post other than the people in his flash gaming circlejerk. In the post, Chris explained how he wormed cheap art out of Deviantards for his games.
The post that started it all
- Find labor scabs on DeviantART. Famous ones have high levels of USI and won't respond to Internet peasants like you unless you have hundreds of dollars at hand.
- Haggle with them. Make them suggest an offer so you end up paying less than normal.
- Only pay them once they have done EVERYTHING.
- Give them an unneeded deadline to do their work and pay them less for crossing the line.
- Don't tell them you're working on an extremely popular game, for fuck sake.
- No underageb&s, ever. Ironically, Chris is 16.
Deviantards strike back
Finally finding out about this travesty well over 2 months after the blog post was written, dA lurkers shat bricks after seeing how they were severely pwnt, flooding the site with artist's remorse. The comment section on the blog was immediately filled with rage, white knights running amok:
—Kotick and Gregorio: Jew brothers
Seeing what he had caused, Chris updated the blog entry with some trivial marketing bullshit to try and justify what he did:
Failing this, he baleeted the above and simply quoted a white knight's tl;dr nonsensical comment. Enraged Deviantards continued flaming him anyway, claiming he ripped off/stolen from people even though they engaged in a fair deal.
The entire debate in a nutshell
- "FFS HE ONLY PAID ME $15 FOR THIS COMMISSION AND HE IS USING IT FOR A FUCKING MASSIVE PROJECT I FUCKING HATE HIM"
- "How much did you ask for?"
In conclusion, the entirety of DeviantART is fucking retarded and deserve what they get when they sell themselves short.
- Chris's Website
- Deviantard reaction
- Chris's Newgrounds, where all the art has gone to
- Chris's Reddit. Drama, drama everywhere
- Chris on Kongregate
Christopher Gregorio is part of a series on
Visit the DeviantART Portal for complete coverage.