- Web IRC
- Trending Articles
- The Current Year
- ED in the News
- Donate to ED
- Advertise on ED
- ED Bookmarklet
From Encyclopedia Dramatica
Some things you just know, you know? It is common knowledge that gravity exists. It is common knowledge that smoking makes you thin. It is common knowledge that Wilford Brimley has diabeetus. And it's common knowledge that Dr. Ivo Robotnik has a Pingas.
Common knowledge (or common sense) is known by absolutely everybody with a brain. Some people, who are severely lacking in intellect and probably dribble on their keyboard, do not know The Obvious. This leads to many, many lulz, especially when they: a) declare to the world something which proves that they are ignorant of The Obvious, or b) declare to the world that they have just discovered something that everybody knew to be Obvious already. Sometimes drama results from people believing anything they know to be common knowledge by default, resulting in their flaming others for daring not to know some obscure fact. Lulz ensue shortly afterwords when everyone else flames them into the dirt for being the pedantic little shits they are.
If you are new to LJ Drama, there are certain things that are common knowledge here that you might not be wise to.
A History of Common Sense
Common sense then disappeared for at least 100 years. This is what was called the "Dark Ages." When common sense returned, Europe called it "The Plague" and promptly ignored it for another hundred years, because, as displayed during the Holocaust ignoring the obvious is what Europeans do best.
Common sense reared its ugly head in the United States prior to their independence, when Thomas Paine went Zerg Rush on the British oppressors. Ironically, in a surprise instance of common sense for them, France came to the aid of the colonies. Common sense has not been observed in France since then.
When Common Sense Doesn't Prevail
Common Sense tells us to not post things on the internets that we don't want other people to see. Thus, when everyone begins knowing that Ohbutyouwillpet is a sick fuck, that mediacrat is a homosexual, or that Ratherberucking is a needy bitch, it's because people without common sense probably told you.
List of things that are common knowledge
- Bisexuals should make up their freaking mind. Unless they're hot chicks, in which case it's awesome.
- God hates Jews, furries, homosexuals, Mary Sues, Harry Potter, and just about everybody else. Not Christians though. God loves Christians.
- Jews killed Hitler.
- Intelligent people can spell.
- Patrick Stump and Pete Wentz are having an affair.
- Known fake journals .
- List of Catchphrases
- America is better than Russia.
- Everything in The Areas of My Expertise is true.
- Morrissey is a pedophile.
- Purelily is a batshit crazy racist.
- jews did WTC
- You cannot get pregnant on a Thursday..
- The internets are filled with twits.
- sic is an acronym for spelling is confusing.
- The C in CISSP stands for Cisco.
- Ghostlight . is
- Uncyclopedia is unfunny, and will always be jealous of our lulz inspiring ways.
- www.lulz.net contains no actual lulz. Only furry.
- Tori Sue Heck is a fucking whore
- Yes, you can support it with 'facts', but you never know.
- Jim Profit is a total badass and is Queer
- Jim Profit's girlfriend Patricia is a sexy-manbeast that all the bis want but can't have.
- /b/ was nevar good.
- Krystal can't enjoy her sandwich.
- Milhouse is not a meme.
- Jessi Slaughter is and will always be an ugly whore.
Other LJers Without Common Sense
- Nathan Satan
- Michael Everson
- Brad Fitzpatrick (anyone who makes a site like LJ has to be lacking something.)
Common knowledge is part of a series on
Visit the LiveJournal Portal for complete coverage.