- Web IRC
|This article needs moar actual information.|
You can help by .
A cringe is that awful soul-sickening sensation that burns your innards and mind as you, or someone nearby, just said or did or revealed something so utterly riddled with faggotryfailure that one wishes the universe would rend apart and swallow the offending moment from space-time rather than have it linger in the mind.
Imagine you are reading a pathetically cloying wall of lovey-dovey betafaggotry text written by a fedora sporting, blue-pilled 'nice guy', desperately trying to woo a girl so hot and thoroughly disinterested that she subsequently posts the tragic tract on the internet for other people to point and laugh at. By the time you get to him signing off with 'Mi lady' you should have felt the grip upon your chest, your bottom lip clawing it's way over your teeth as you half turn from the screen and just wish it would never have been.
That feeling right there is a cringe.
Cringing often occurs as a response to embarrassment, both when observed and experienced. Cringe-introducing content can be found in abundance on the intarwebz. Last Thursday, the act of cringing in and of itself became a Meme on /b/. Retards often post cringeworthy images in cringe threads, whose quality is constantly being thinned out by newfags who have problems telling cringe apart from Fail and Facepalm. Cringe-introducing media can easily be found on mainstream sites such as YouTube, which has many channels dedicated to the matter, as well as on leddit, however, most of it has obviously been ripped straight from a 4chan thread.
Things That are Cringeworthy
There are things which are inherently cringeworthy, such as a clueless 13 year old boy's RP character application, for cringing to take place, there needs to be someone making an ass of themselves in some way or another, this can be achieved in numerous ways, including:
- Making shitty Sonic the hedgehog sprite comics
- Recording many episodes for your Boring Minecraft "Let's Play"
- Playing your 3DS and wearing a fedora in public
Cringe and fail are technically the same, all cringe is also fail, but not all fail is cringe.
For the aspiring 'Cringeologist', there are a multitude of sources that one can choose from. However, many of these sources are overused and outdated. Sources for cringe include:
- Christian Weston Chandler
- Children trying to be hip and trendy or edgy
- Teachers trying to be with the kids, and falling flat on their faces
- Fat people singing
- Nice Guys
- Posting on YouTube with parodies to viral videos such as Gangnam Style and What Does The Fox Say?
- White Knights
- Unwarranted Self-Importance
- Users posting videos and pics of themselves crying, usually over trivial things such as death or the fact that they couldn't afford a Dakimakura
- Body Pillows
- Forced Memes
- SammyClassicSonicFan's earlier videos
- Indian guys trying to pick up wimminz on social media.
- People screaming that Nintendo is going to die from a lack of money, when we all know that they're not going anywhere
- Embarrassing antics happening on TV (faking a seizure after losing on a game show, being friendzoned on reality TV, losing contestants getting angry, etc.)
- Horribly acted and depressing commercials
- People getting angry over trivial or unimportant things, such as fences or children
- Neckbearded failtrolls making little children cry over deleting their System32
- NORPs trying to be strange on the Internet when really being normal would make them more loved and accepted
- Dying Alone
- Friend Zone
- Imaginary Girlfriend