- Web IRC
- Trending Articles
- The Current Year
- ED in the News
- Donate to ED
- Advertise on ED
- ED Bookmarklet
From Encyclopedia Dramatica
How to debug
- First you must write a program to debug, copy one off the internet, or bang on the keyboard while having large sausages tied to your fingers.
- Try to compile/run/play/rape "your" program or whatever.
- Work out which part of your program is not correct. The best way to do this involves either the trial-and-error method with a hex editor, or alternatively a Ouija board.
- Fix the code, or whine about it not working on a forum until someone does it for you.
- If it still doesn't work, seriously, go whine about it on a forum until someone does it for you.
- Try again. If you don't get any errors, then your error checker is probably broken.
- When everything is working fine, publish the program on your Freewebs website, discuss it on a Proboard and write an article about how "OMG aws0m3" your Image Organiser™ is.
Debug is part of a series on Programming.
Debug is part of a series on
Visit the Softwarez Portal for complete coverage.