The shit that DOTA truly is
The DotA load screen, it contains cleavage to help attract the nerds.
DotA is not only maybe the most boring game ever, but is the ONLY map that most of the population on Warcraft 3 plays. As a matter of fact, one thing that's a lot more fun than DOTA is the "how few DotA games can you find on the screen at once after refreshing game." To do this, you simply click refresh, and then watch as 80% or more of all the maps that show up are DotA.
Moar reasons that DotA is shit are…
- It's like WoW. Playing a game that's LIKE WoW is like jerking off to n00d picz of girls that LOOK under 18.
- It's not newfag friendly.
- There's gay shit everywhere.
- OMG GENERAL PROUDMOORE BOAT THROWINGNESS OMGOMGOMG IS RIGGED!@!@!@!@!@!@!@!@
- Along with every other new character in the past 5 versions...
- People use blinkstrike to run away from Proudmoore!
- Just trying to learn to play is like ROFLSTOMPING your self respect because you're a fuck if you are full of n00b
DotA and blame-shifting
A favorite pastime of 95% of DotA players is to make excuses when they get owned, in a pathetic attempt to shield themselves from the harsh reality that their own shortcomings have just been exposed for the world to see, and to try to maintain what little crumbs the other players probably never held in their minds that the dead player in question is in fact, a good player at all. Excuses are many, ranging from "lag", to "LAAAG" to "LOL I WASN'T WATCHING (tharfore surely i wud have owned yuo)", or another favorite one "Where was my team! What you guys doin?!?! Yall jackin off over there or what?!" On top of this, dissatisfaction often manifests itself amongst some players regarding their inability to do jack shit but sit there and take a fat Blademaster cock up the ass when they get raped by ownage combos, usually in the form of post-death mockery such as "i can push one buttens and get kills WOOO". In this example, "WOOO" is the noise of a child uncontrollably shitting its pants and crying.
In many cases especially in the Philippines, people who become "PROS" in this so-called "game" turn out to be n00bs in real life. Infact ask a regular DotA playing Flip to a video game challenge that doesn't involve Counter Strike or DotA(For added drama, ask him to play a regular skirmish game of Warcraft III) and he will most certainly lose to you on the spot mainly because Counter strike is the only other game the retard would play.
Many variations of the DotA map exist. Some maps cater to Narutards. Others, like Tides of Blood, cater to fuckwits with a scatological sense of humor.
The average DotA player is not only a retard, but a nerdy azn, he is also usually a fucktard and a homo who sucks cock everyday. They have usernames such as Iluvlittleboys223,M1(H43L _| and Iamtehsuxxorz365, GapingChasm.
The DotA community is somewhat reminiscent of the Counter-Strike community and I'm not just talking about how members of both communities seem to never get bored of playing the same map over and over. Both communities are full of people who play no other video games and obviously don't think the game is fun at all, the only reason they keep playing is because they are one of the rare few that actually stuck at it long enough to get consistent results and now they have no other life to go back to so the game becomes their everything: their source of social interaction, their source of accomplishments and the source of the illusion that they are actually doing something with their lives. DotA players should not be classified as human beings.
Many DotA players play this game because they are too slow to handle FPS's.
Basically this means that when you play DotA that if your team is losing you can expect to flamed by the loser who's sole purpose in life is to pwn at DotA.
Effects of playing DotA
One of the dreadful effects of watching or playing DotA is the reduction of a bit of your IQ. Another is a slow, horrible death due to internal hemorrhaging. It is also known that your head can explode due to the sheer retardation level and shittiness of the game.
Those whose minds are simple/retarded/stupid enough to somehow TAKE the overall shittiness will have their minds liquefied into a fine goo and transformed into an addict, which is why most DotArds play their shitty game 24/7.
DotA and Noobs
I'm not kidding there are fucking heaps of heroes and the list just keeps growing.
As stated above DotA is not newfag friendly, this isn't because the game is near impossible to master properly (like Pacman) but rather it is completely and totally over complicated. In DotA, there are roughly one hundred characters each with their own stats and unique abilities and almost as many items. To make matters worse in order to actually acquire good items you have to merge items together in what they call a "recipe" which causes the simple decision of choosing an item to increase your agility to take 60 seconds or longer which adds up because you have to keep buying items or you will get pwned hardcore.
This complicated system results in literally over 9000 different combinations. One would expect that you could simply stick with a handful of characters you actually like but you'd be wrong, the people who obsess over DotA get a great deal of pleasure reminding you of how their mastery is far superior by choosing the "all random" mode which means you could be playing as any of the eighty characters available and to make matters worse all the "hardened" DotArds expect that you have had extensive experience with all characters and memorized all item and ability related documentation.
In the event you are unable to live up to the standards of the benevolent veterans you can expect to be slandered and mocked at every turn. Eventually word will get around about how much you suck so you can expect to be instantly booted from any DotA games you try and join which will prevent you from gaining any useful experience leaving you no choice but to become an hero (or go back to Halo, but who wants to live with that kind of shame?).
DotA and Leagues
DotA has many leagues in which people play dota very... very... seriously. These are some leagues you can register for, google their websites to register this will enable to troll on a whole new level.
- Clan gdg
- Clan Syn
- Clan dxd
/profile Result for more dxd leagues.
The key to trolling such a league is you can flame, troll, talk shit as long as you don't do certain cardinal things I will lay them out here to facilitate trolling:
- Do not destroy items of yours or your teams as this will result in you being shitlisted
- Do not TK your team obviously
- Do not go afk for more than 5 minutes
- Do not do worse than 0-7/0-8
Things you can do easily:
- Buy retarded or illogical shit
- Play terribly
- Rice in the jungle
- Pretend you don't speak English etc.
Trolling a dota league is far more fun than trolling a public(pub) DotA game!
Trolling a DotA Game
An in-depth guide
The sole reason to play this game (other than that of being a loser) is to troll it. Seeing as how anyone who plays this game only has a life in it, you can expect any and every other player of this online game to go COMPLETELY FUCKING PSYCHO every time they see a n00b or a troll. Heaven forbid someone will ruin a perfectly good game for them!
Trolling a DotA game is simple and lulzy. All you need to do is go into a game that says "DOTA NO NOOBS" or "DOTA PROZ ONLY" and act like the noob fuck that you are. Not only does this piss off everyone else in the game, but it means they have to express it with swears, flames, and the host has to remake the game from the very beginning, resulting in a huge waste of time. You can also join games that are nearly full, after typing that you're ready, and that you're not a noob, wait for it to start. A countdown will start , and before the host can react (preferably at the 1 second mark) press ESC for massive lulz. If you failed to leave the game in time, fear not! Your trolling options have only expanded.
Other things you can do:
- Pick Holy Knight and cast Test of Faith on allies non stop.
- Pick Bloodseeker and cast (level 1) Bloodrage on allies non stop.
- Pick Sand King, find an area with lots of traffic, and do nothing but cast Sandstorm the whole game.
- Pick Enigma, and cast Eidolon Spawn on ally creeps non stop.
- Pick Clockwork Goblin, learn the missile attack, and stay in respawn point firing missiles randomly nonstop.
- Pick Broodmother, learn Spin Web and Spiderlings first, cast webs everywhere in enemy lanes, and send out an army of baby spiders for suprise rape.
- Pick Morphling, learn Atribute Morph, and turn all of your Strength into Agility(less strength=less health), then rush into battle.
- Pick Goblin Techies, and do nothing but cast Suicide Squad, Attack! on enemies.
- Pick Venomancer, and cast Plague Wards strategically to trap allies in corners.
- Pick Invoker, learn the Ice Wall spell, and cast it when allies are trying to escape.
- Pick Butcher and cast Hook on allies non stop.
- Pick Prophet and cast Sprout on allies non stop.
- Pick Clockwerk Goblin and cast Power Cog near allies.
- Pick Bane Elemental and cast Nightmare on allies non stop.
- Pick Faceless Void and cast Chronosphere on allies when ranged enemy heroes are near by.
- Pick Proudmoore (moar liek Poundmoar, amirite?) and cast X Marks The Spot when they're running away.
- Pick Tiny and toss their ass into a group of fags.
- Pick Vengeful Spirit, run into an enemy group, then use Nether Swap on an ally.
- Pick Keeper of the Light save enough gold for a blink dagger, blink into a place no one can get to or get out of your Ultimate Spell then cast Recall, which teleports people to you. Watch as they rage that they cant move.
- Pick Pitlord, buy boots of travel teleport around and take all of the creeps denying your allies gold, train your ultimate ability use it when standing near your allies and teleport them back to your base, over and over again, buy a referesher to do it faster.
- Pick Drow Ranger and don't get Ice Arrows or Silence, but get Helm of the Dominator.
- Pick Antimage and don't get Mana Break but get Helm of Dominator, and five Blink Daggers.
- Pick Lord of Olympus and do nothing but kill steal all game long.
- Pick Butcher and cast Rot till you die, say "n00b host". Buy a Hood of Defiance to stay alive longer for maximum trollage.
- Pick Magnataur, buy lots of Tangos and a Quelling Blade. Now move to the lower right corner of the map. Hack yourself through the trees until you are in the corner of the map. Cast Skewer in direction of the map's borders. Magnus will completely disappear from the map - the next move you do with Magnus will crash the game for great justice.
- Pick Centaur and therefore win the game even if you are asleep or dead for the better part of it.
Unfortunately many of these tactics can be prevented by an experienced player who is aware of the "-disablehelp" command. Thus another and more effective way (as it means you don't have to bother leaving your current game and entering a new one) is by simply clicking on Menu (top of screen) and then "Save Game". This is superior to pausing the game, as saving the game means NOBODY KNOWS IT WAS YOU.
Saving the game results in every other person's DotA game freezing as it is for 20-30 seconds or so, depending on the latency rate of other people; however the best aspect of this method is that the title you use when saving the game will become the name of a file in all players save folder and, since most players are unaware of this, it might be years before they find out. Pick your title wisely for maximum trolling power.
In a sad, pathetic attempt to reduce the amount of drama in DotA games, Many hosts claim to use a banlist that will INSTANTLY BLOW UP YOUR COMPUTER AND GIVE YOU AIDS the second you leave a game. Aspiring trolls need not worry though, because 99% of people screaming "LEAVERS WILL BE BANNED" don't have one in the first place, and because banlists don't do shit anyway since no one took the time to make one that doesn't completely suck. In reality, Banlist is for n00bs that can be gotten around by anybody just by simply making another account.
Still not happy with the amount of trolling you've done? Feel free to add a host or SERIOUS PLAYER to your friends list and continue to talk shit. While spamming a player will quickly get squelched or temp-b& from WC3, shit talking with at least decent grammar is bait that every DotA player needs to bite. Talk about how they were the worst fucking dragon knight you've ever seen. Make fun of their score, their level, or anything game related. Stay clear of personal attacks or anything a 13-year-old boy would write, they'll just ignore you. However, if you DARE TO FUCKING MAKE FUN OF THEIR PLAY STYLE, OHHHHHHHHHH YOU'RE IN FOR IT NOW!!!!!
All Pick Easy Mode
All Pick Easy Mode (-apem) is the most common state of affairs you are likely to find yourself in if you participate in the furfaggotry that is DotA. Trolls should avoid this mode at all costs, as its games usually consist primarily of trolls. Many Dotafags have argued that playing this mode makes you a bad person, but this is mostly because Dotafags implicitly add 'at DotA' to any judgment they make about anyone. If you are forced to play DotA, beware of being lulpwnt by quadriplegic infants on Easy Mode. Icefrog has designed it specifically in order to facilitate the largest number of whining sessions ever recorded on the internetz, and has been widely applauded for this decision.
DotA and the least cool music video ever
Swedish homosexual Basshunter wrote a techno song about DotA which somehow managed to get high in the charts of backwards countries like Denmark. According to some people Basshunter is very famous, although no one outside of his home town has ever heard of him.
NOTE: It is delightfully fitting that "Basshunter" has decided to portray himself as living at home with his mother in this video.
Typical DotA Games
This is a typical game of dota. Note ragequits.
Previous Video | Next Video
People form DotA clans when they get tired of playing with pub trash and scrubs. Unfortunately, even with clans like TDA that require safelisting or icon, or THR which requires ELO over 1000 to get into Tier 2 games, this does not eliminate scrubs.
- TDA - Where the Sentinel is 99% of the time a stacked team of friends
- THR - Wwhere anyone with their ELO less than 1000 is a n00b
- NEs - (Defunct) Used to spam Clan TDA in fits of nerdraeg
- MYM - Also accused of spamming both TDA and THR channels for great justice
- DXD = (Defunct) Imploded when people figured out Banlist is worthless