- Web IRC
Dubious disclaimers are disclaimers that mean absolutely nothing when taken in context with what a person is saying. They are a sad consequence of PCism. They are largely used by racists before telling an off-colour joke, starting their own white supremacist website, or talking to the actual IRL subject of their conversation. These are also called 'hedges' by those whose heads are not securely implanted in their asses. Fuckheads...
- "I'm not racist, but..."
- "I'm not gay, but..."
- "... I take it in the ass."
- "I don't hate fags, but..."
- "... they're really only good for tinder."
- "I'm not a pedophile, but..."
- "Don't take this the wrong way, but..."
- "...I've been assfucking your wife, kids, and pets when you're not around."
- "You're entitled to your opinion, but..."
- "Fuck you man! I fucking love kids' genitalia!"
- "I respect you man.."
- "...but honestly, do everyone a favor and drive a fucking nail through your skull"
- "Everyone's entitled to their own opinion."
- "... except you, you faggot."
- "I'm not a Retard, but..."
- "...I Frequent the Ebaums forums."
- "Let's agree to disagree."
- "...I did not have sexual relations with that woman"
- "No offense, but..."
- "... your mother is a whore."
- "I agree with what you're saying, but..."
- "You're a massively deluded cunt."
- "I'm no expert, but..."
- "...You should really consider not being a complete cuntbitch. TITS OR GTFO"
- "I did it for the lulz!"
- "I saw it on TV!"
- "Some of my best friends are black persons, but..."
- "... only when I need something to barbecue."
- "Pravachol will lower your bad cholesterol, but..."
- "...side effects may include diarrhea, vomiting, headache, and death"
- "Don't hold this against me, but..."
- "I rape and kill young children, but only for the lulz."
- "I'm not a racist that's what's so insane about this!"
- "See ya later, you child rapist"
- "I'm not a Scientologist, but..."
- I'm really happy for you, I'll let you finish, but...."
"Encyclopedia Dramatica is a satirical site, and..."HAHA DISREGARD THAT I SUCK COCKS
- "nigger nigger nigger nigger nigger"
The non-verbal motion of looking over both shoulders or holding your hand(s)over your mouth counts as a dubious disclaimer and also lends the appearance of security to whatever piece of inflammatory information is being passed.
|Dubious disclaimer is part of a series on Language & Communication|
|Featured article October 15, 2005|
| Preceded by
|Dubious disclaimer|| Succeeded by|