- Hatreon (Donate)
- Web IRC
Encyclopedia Dramatica talk:Quote of the Now
Suggest Quote of the Nows here...GO!
- Make sure your quote is recent, lulzy, and relevant to ED
- Click here to start a new section at the bottom of this page
- Type the quoted person's name or a short description of the quote in the Subject/headline box
- Type the actual quote in "quotation marks," followed by the name of the person who said it, and a link to where you found the quote at
- Sign your motherfucking post with four tildes (seriously, it's just ~~~~)
- Press the "SHOW PREVIEW" button so you can make sure you didn't fuck up
- Save Page
- 1 Black Panther movie has black people
- 2 Chatroulette Jerks
- 3 truth
- 4 Weeaboo BTFO
- 5 Rodrigo Duterte
- 6 Names
- 7 Scumhooks mom
- 8 Good quote from Georgia Cop
- 9 Good Quote
- 10 Alt-right ass frustration
- 11 Newsweek claims trump is like charles manson
- 12 The BAWWing Of A Modder
- 13 qotn frequency
- 14 Some Good News
- 15 Call of duty player killed after being swatted
- 16 Crys Of The Lolcow. COMING TO A NEWSPAPER NEAR YOU!!!
Black Panther movie has black people
"they're praising black panther for having a lot of black people? what in the world were they expecting, azns?" - Luiz Miguel 
set for May 10 and 11 - (Al Gore) 14:40, 10 May 2017 (EDT)
--One With The Lulz 12:31, 13 May 2017 (EDT)
There was this Australian lay minister. When they took them out, I saw her face and I thought, 'Son of a whore. What a pity. They raped her, they all lined up. I was mad she was raped but she was so beautiful. I thought, the mayor should have been first.
-Rodrigo Duterte --Jackfisher 02:18, 28 May 2017 (EDT)
This quote is really good advice and I used it on the Doopie DoOver page.
""Fear names. Names have power in identity. Others can use names as weapons. Names are a hook that can be used to track you... Remain nameless, and you shall be safe. "
Planescape : Torment
- That logic works in reverse though, if you're anonymous, you can use anyone's name you like, you can attribute any text, any words, any rhetoric to any faux figurehead of your choosing. Names are nothing more than a distraction, a verbal sleight of hand to sneak attention away from absent minded morons. --Mimkrys 12:07, 27 July 2017 (EDT)
"you made my cunt look like it swallowed a dog who then chewed its way out" -Scumhooks mom https://forum.encyclopediadramatica.rs/threads/do-you-ever-wonder-why-youre-such-a-piece-of-shit.29264/page-4#post-989609 Maysam (talk) 02:17, 14 August 2017 (EDT)
Good quote from Georgia Cop
"We only kill black people."
Lt. Greg Abbott, Cobb County Police Georgia telling a white woman who was afraid to move, for fear of being killed, during a DUI stop.
Alt-right ass frustration
Are all "Quotes of the Now" going to be right-wing twitter posts bitching about how white people are being victimized, how CNN is lying about Trump and "western culture" is on the brink of destruction from now on? I always thought ED was a satire wiki documenting internet culture and not an outlet for asshurt /pol/-tards.
Also like to propose the following quote from /b/:
"You're sitting there encouraging people to eat dog shit. Your arguments are completely invalid, lol. It should go without saying, the fuck's wrong with you?"
Can provide screenshot if required.
- Feel free to make suggestions, right now the majority of the good/funny/entertaining quotes are centered more against looney liberals (and for good reason). The only recent exception was Trump's daughter on her Thanksgiving decorating advice. ED has always largely been about counterculture and it just so happens that, at the moment, liberal lunatics are the pervasive social standard, so it makes sense for ED to be antithetical to that stance, just as ED was much more left leaning when Republican rhetoric was the prevailing social standard (back during Bush's time). That said, there certainly is a pervasive set of unironic alt-right cockroaches about, but I think we do a pretty good job on the whole of culturally curb stomping those wannabe Nazi newfags into the pavement. --Mimkrys 04:25, 22 November 2017 (EST)
Newsweek claims trump is like charles manson
—Media Research Center Vice President Dan Gainor
The once reputable Newsweek goes further and further to the left
The BAWWing Of A Modder
- So is this like one group of 12 year olds fucking around with some other 12 year old, or is it like a group of trolls fucking around with some 30 year old CWC clone? I mean, seriously, "Persona 3 Diamond"... even Chris Chan has managed to exercise greater levels of originality. Unless they're 12, severely autistic or blatantly trolling I'm not seeing many other options. --Mimkrys 03:33, 28 November 2017 (EST)
- It was the ladder TheUltimate (talk) 11:29, 28 November 2017 (EST)
- QOTN hasn't been set and I think that's too long for the main page, any other suggestions? SCHNITZEL RADDA RADDA 15:43, 4 December 2017 (EST)
- If someone else doesn't set one by 8PM (pst) then I'll set one. I try to wait to the last minute in case something more "of the now" pops up. I usually pull from popular YouTube channels or from Twitter's "moments". Basically I just scroll through the comments until I find something funny and then set the quote to link back to the video or tweet. It's pretty easy, doesn't usually take more than a couple minutes at most. --Mimkrys 17:09, 4 December 2017 (EST)
- The most interesting thing on Twitter is a kid dressing up as a tree for the rest of their semester... I think it's best to just wait. SCHNITZEL RADDA RADDA 17:21, 4 December 2017 (EST)