|Referred to as:||NAMBLA|
|Based out of:||Worldwide|
|Founder:||David Thorstad, Tom Reeves and others|
|Purpose:||"To end the extreme oppression of men and boys in mutually consensual relationships by building understanding and support for such relationships, educating the general public on the benevolent nature of man/boy love, cooperating with lesbian, gay, feminist, and other liberation movements and supporting the liberation of persons of all ages from sexual prejudice and oppression."|
|Organizations:||Many and various|
|NAMBLA is a group of pedophiles and pedophile activists who seek to abolish age of consent laws, and encourage legislation, which allows adults to have sex with children.|
NAMBLA or the North American Man/Boy Love Association. The name speaks for itself and there are tomes of information about them on the internet. Their member list is unknown at this time, but many of the online pedophile activists have been involved with them at some point. Many of their members have been jailed for conspiracies and child molestation.
The identity of NAMBLA's current leadership and members are mostly unknown; however, these are a few of the individuals their leadership roster has previously included:
- David Thorstad, an American author and 'activist', who for many years has attempted to further NAMBLA by trying to hijack the gay rights movement. Thorstad's arguments rely heavily on the Persecution Delusion; trying to claim that opposition to pedophiles who molest and rape children is the same as discrimination against people who prefer the same gender of consenting adult.
- Joe Power, another NAMBLA leader, is a registered sex offender convicted of child molestation. Ignoring the restrictions of his parole, he was working with young children as a teacher in Northern California, but was forced to resign after police were notified.
- Bill Andriette, an editor of NAMBLA's newsletter, has written articles arguing that incest is exaggerated by therapists, and that women falsely claim to be sexual abuse victims as a way to channel their "aggression".
- Hubert Kennedy, a former research associate at San Francisco State University and former Professor Emeritus at Providence College, was one of NAMBLA's founding members. Kennedy is another who has actively attempted to attach NAMBLA to the coattails of gay rights issues; his academic contributions include translating German pedophile novels into English and writing positive "reviews" of NAMBLA-related literature.
- Roy Radow AKA Roy Smith, a former school psychologist and former NAMBLA spokesperson who was charged with child endangerment in 1996. Radow/Smith has spent many years annoying the members of groups all across Usenet; posting numerous messages that defend both NAMBLA and pedophilia in general.
- Dan Tsang, a founding member of NAMBLA. For years, Tsang has been posing as a gay activist, using that pretense to promote pro-pedophile agenda by hijacking gay civil rights issues. Tsang has also used platforms such as public radio to spread pro-pedophile propaganda, and is a signatory on the RSOL campaign to abolish sex offender laws.
NAMBLA's website consists of disingenuous pro-pedophile propaganda intended to mislead others into believing their claims that molestation is not really harmful to young boys.
Their 'Q & A' section contains false statements such as:
The "references below" for the above quotes are actually just one - a pop-psychology book written by Dr. John Money, PhD; the "John/Joan" case doctor whose "treatment" of twin brothers David and Brian Reimer caused irreparable psychological damage to the boys, both of whom eventually committed suicide.
Many of NAMBLA's members have been jailed for conspiracies, child molestation, and trafficking in child pornography; it is anyone's guess how many additional crimes may have been committed, as many incidents of child molestation are never reported. The following are just a very few examples:
- In 1997, two NAMBLA members stalked, kidnapped, raped, tortured and murdered a 10-year-old boy, hours after accessing NAMBLA's Website from a public library. The victim's parents subsequently filed a lawsuit against NAMBLA, but the ACLU stepped in to defend NAMBLA and after eight years, the case was dropped due to technicality.
- In 2005, seven NAMBLA members were arrested in a San Diego sting operation; each of the men had paid hundreds of dollars to an undercover FBI agent to arrange a trip to Mexico to have sex with boys.
- NAMBLA 'steering committee' member David Groat and NAMBLA associate Mark Morgan were imprisoned in Thailand, for running an orphanage in Bangkok that was really a front for a child pornography and child sex operation. Nicknamed "Club Ped", because according to police, "If you went there, he [Morgan] would provide you with a young boy", the orphanage was frequented by approximately 15-20 NAMBLA members and associates.
- Jonathan Tampico was a NAMBLA member arrested in 1989 and charged with numerous crimes related to sexual abuse of a neighbor's son. Following his release from prison, he was arrested for parole violation and found to have more than 50,000 child pornography photos and videos, much of it NAMBLA related. Tampico also admitted to editing a book called "The Survival Manual: The Man's Guide to Staying Safe in Man-Boy Relationships."
- In 1992, Alan J. (((Horowitz))) (aka Shneor Altar, Mike Sonkin), a New York psychiatrist, was sentenced to 10-20 years in prison for sodomizing three boys ages 7 to 9, and for molesting a 14-year-old girl. Horowitz had a prior 1983 conviction for sexually molesting 8 and 12-year old boys; for which he received only a five-year suspended sentence. Law enforcement investigations also found evidence that Horowitz had been sexually abusing patients as far back as the late 1960s, when he worked for a community organization that helped impoverished, inner-city children. Once in prison, Horowitz wrote long-winded "articles" of pro-pedophile nonsense for the NAMBLA newsletter. Paroled in 2004, he left the United States and began sexually abusing young children in India, making Interpol and New York's "most wanted" lists until he was finally arrested in 2007.
- Now-former priest Paul Shanley was arrested in May 2002 for 10 counts of child rape and six counts of indecent assault and battery; the victims stated that they were just six years old when Shanley began raping them. Shanley then filed appeals to reverse his convictions; all of which were rejected by the Massachusetts Supreme Court.
- John David Smith was arrested in 1996 for molesting a boy he was supposed to be baby-sitting. He subsequently filed for appeal, claiming that the NAMBLA-related evidence in his case was prejudicial; but the appeal was denied and his conviction upheld.
Again, these are but a very few examples that help illustrate the types of crimes NAMBLA members have committed. There are far too many actual crimes to list, and undoubtedly countless more that have never been reported as well.
- San Diego radio host Rick Roberts offered a $1000 bounty to anyone who turned in a NAMBLA member; upon which member Kevin Brown called Roberts' show and outed himself. Roberts did not give Brown the $1000 reward and sent child protection services to his house instead. Brown subsequently lost custody of his son and was arrested for child pornography charges.
- Computer technical experts from the Usenet group alt.hackers.malicious have declared "War on NAMBLA", and according to their blog, are directing their skills toward disrupting NAMBLA's operations.
If you have any information regarding this site or the identities of any of the members, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
is part of a series on evil-unveiled.com.