Evil-unveiled.com/RSO Rally - Columbus, OH
|Purpose:||To protest the passage and implementation of Ohio Senate Bill 10|
|Registered sex offenders from across the US protest the passage of stricter sex offender registration requirements in the State of Ohio.|
In response to the passage of Ohio's Senate Bill 10, SOclear Media Productions and registered sex offenders from across the United States have planned a rally on the steps of the Statehouse in Columbus, Ohio for December 1, 2007.
Titled Silent No More, the protest is being promoted as an "educational forum". Registered sex offenders, along with their families and friends, hope to relay their message to the Ohio State Legislature and media that they believe the registration laws to be unfair. The group is calling for a peaceful protest, in support of rehabilitation of sex offenders and their integration back into society following the completion of their sentences and required time on registration lists. Under the new law, sex offenders will be subjected to stricter guidelines and penalties which follow along the same lines as the Adam Walsh Child Protection and Safety Act of 2006.
Speakers for the event include the following:
- Tom Madison - CEO of SOclear Media, registered sex offender from Oregon
- Linda Pehrson - CEO of SOSEN, wife of a violent sex offender and Mother of the victim, from Virginia
- Tamara Jackson - Sex Offender Treatment counselor and wife of a sex offender
- Margie Slagle - Representative of the Ohio Justice & Policy Center
- Cheryl Griffiths - Chief of Operations at SOSEN and registered nurse
- Joanne Prasser - Wife of a sex offender who has children living in the home
- Dr. William Samek - Sex Offender Treatment provider
- Dr. Steven Davidson
Related Web Sites:
SOclear Newsletter 11/10/2007 (PDF file)GONE, nothing at Wayback
- Ohio Senate Bill 10 Text
If you have more information regarding this event, or of other scheduled RSO rallies, please contact us at [email protected].
|Evil-unveiled.com/RSO Rally - Columbus, OH|
is part of a series on evil-unveiled.com.