Fitna is a fucking epic film made by Dutch politician Geert Wilders that was released on the internet sometime last Thursday. Fitna is one of a long line of films from the Netherlands that really piss off Muslims - except this one has more of a shock image feel to it. It was first posted on Liveleak only to be promptly taken off the server after the staff received death threats. See below for links.
Fitna - A Quick Review
Fitna is composed of readings of inflammatory and violent passages in the Q'uran intermixed with footage, newsclippings, images of violent acts by Muslims accompanied by Jihad videos and terrorism in action. We see video worthy of Ogrish.com, including:
- The famous Danish cartoon of Muhammed with a bomb on his head is shown and the fuse is lit
- 9/11 Jumpers/Planes Hitting Towers/Phone Calls
- The Atocha station bombings
- Dead contractors in Iraq, being dragged through the streets
- 7/7 London Bombings
- Pictures of Muslims being racist in general
- The death by stabbing of Theo Van Gogh (another Dutch director), along with his killer stating he would have done it all over again
- Nick Berg getting his fucking head chopped off
- Churches being desecrated by Muslims
- Mahmoud Ahmadinejad declaring Islam supreme
- Complaints about how many Muslims now live in the Netherlands
- Honor killings
- Muslims hating gays
- Muslims hating women
- Moar executions & beheadings
- Some guy ripping a page out of the Q'uran
- The Muhammed cartoon blows up!
- Muslims just being all around douches
Quotations by Muslims in the movie
— Some Muslim dude
Fitna was released to liveleak.com on March 27, 2008 at 6pm CET. By 9pm the Dutch version had been viewed 1.6 million times. The following day, however, the video was pulled from the website, with this explanation:
By the 31st, LiveLeak felt itself ready to host the video again.
The Muslim community had a fit after the release of Fitna. YouTube was banned by Pakistan after a trailer for Fitna went up on their website. The website run by the director was promptly shut down by the host. The United Nations Secretary General denounced the movie. The director has had a fatwa issued against him by the friendly folks at Al Qaeda. Governments around Eurabia have gone into overdrive, warning their embassies to be extra careful. Dutch troops in Afghanistan have already been singled out for attack in the last couple of weeks - more attacks are anticipated. Protests have erupted from Denmark to Iran.
Fitna is part of a series on
Visit the Media Portal for complete coverage.