Generation Snowflake is the easily offended generation of high school and college students in the middle 2010's that are well known for whining and crying about everything that offends them but do very little to make changes, expecting others to pick up the torch for them or to feel their angst and change their ways because it hurts their petty feelings.
Mostly seen as an offensive term, but nobody really gives a fuck because like taking candy from a baby, the expression is mostly used to see them tear up and cry.
It is mostly used as an insult against college aged people but can be used against older people as well who feel the need to voice a negative view on everything such as Trannies not being allowed in the military, Transgendered men not allowed to use women's restrooms and/or Trumps wall that will protect your chances of Mexican free competition when you apply for a job at Hardy's.
The term refers to a generation of children who were raised mostly by pre-schools and after school activities while being taught to revel in their uniqueness.
Although Chuck Palahniak takes credit for the coining of the phrase, the expression of "Unique Snowflake" has been used for eons on motivational posters in schools and jobsites.
To give credit, it was Pakahniuk who turned "Special Snowflake" into a negative term.
Special Snowflake Syndrome
Special Snowflake Syndrome, or Twitter mentality is the belief that theirs is only one truth and as they are the one preaching it, they are right and anyone who disagrees with them is the enemy.
It can usually be found in families with liberal seansabilities who haven't learned to tell their kids, when they were growing up, to shut the fuck up and so they believe that their opinions, no matter how stupid, are valid and want to be heard.
They see themselves as the protectors of decency and modern values.
Depending on the age of the person suffering from this, the might be better known as an overgrown man-child because they have never progressed into accepting a mature view of the world and because they live in their parent's basement, there is no need for them to change.
They can be easily be recognized by their childlike grasp of politics or anything that matters. They can usually be found using circular logic, mental gymnastics or referring to anyone they don't like as a NAZI, especially in reference to Trump.
How To Spot Generation Snowflake
- They will make up things about themselves so as to seem more original such as having 2 coloured eyes.
- They feel they have a God-given right to love.
- They get highly emotional when they don't get their way.
- They think having a psychological disorder makes them more original and cool.
- They never speak their own words. They are always repeating what others have said.
- Believe Twatter should have the privacy of a diary.
- Can be found hanging out at places like Starbucks with an open lap tap, like they are a writer but have an empty page or porn on the screen.
- Live in a basement.
- Are as always complaining that if they don't get their way politically, they will move to Canada.
Generation Snowflake is part of a series on
Visit the Social Justice Portal for complete coverage.