|Hey!|| This article isn't lulz just yet, but its coverage can spark a lollercoaster.
You can help by people who delete shit, and vandalizing their user pages.
See this article on Google? Want to add something?
|Location||Ghetto district, Houston, TX|
|Key people||See below|
|Motto||Lance is watching you!|
|Products||Web hosting, credit card theft, spam, and treason|
Summary of fail
- (CONFIRMED) HostGator is a shitty company run by incompetent fucks
- (supported by evidence) HostGator recently had a data breach
- (alleged) The breach included stolen credit card information
- (CONFIRMED) HostGator has done business with Syria and Iran in violation of trade embargo, which may constitute treason
- (alleged) HostGator has an operation in Brazil where they host CP, bestiality porn, and other material
- (CONFIRMED) HostGator is harassing current and former employees suspected of sharing information on its practices
- (CONFIRMED) HostGator is paying people to harass current and former employees, as well as disinterested third parties
- (CONFIRMED) HostGator makes all employers sign a three- to five-year, worldwide no-compete contract (even the low-level wage slaves)
- (alleged, very plausible) HostGator has a partnership with the FBI (through the InfraGard project), as well as informal connections
- (alleged, very plausible) HostGator routinely gives the FBI access to customers' data
- (alleged) HostGator is abusing its FBI connection to informally harass a disinterested third party
- (alleged, multiple sources) A large spam ring ran on HostGator equipment for several months
- (supported by evidence) CEO Lance CustenJew was once denied entry to a city bus because he couldn't fit through the door
Alleged credit card leak
On the 31st of October, 2010, during a routine Sunday-evening intellectual discussion at The New Effort, new poster "a llama", claiming to be an ex-employee of HostGator, created a thread alleging that HostGator's billing system had been compromised.
HostGator's Chairman, Brent, showed up, was baffled by BBCode, and managed to address a threatening reply to the wrong person:
—Brent, posted in the TNE thread
He also tried to threaten the OP in a private message:
—Brent, forum private message to the OP
A company memo leaked on the 3rd of November, 2010:
—Brent, internal company memo
Brent has been lurking in the thread in "invisible" mode regularly ever since. Why is he so nervous if the allegations are groundless?
- Hostgator hirob.png
Hope you still get that bonus, Rob!
- Hostgator hirob2.png
Ooo, tough luck.
UPDATE: HostGator employee Brian Modanski used his dad's FBI connections to have an email sent to TNE proprietor Hangly Man:
- Hostgator subpoena.png
Sorry, Mr. Due, but I don't think the FBI has jurisdiction in Beijing. Nice try, though.
- Hostgator fbi1.png
Bluff status: called.
The FBI responds (indirectly): Special Agent Due has no clue what is going on, and said reporting the email to the FBI was the right thing to do. He was doubtful that there would be any action on the impersonation bit.
Corroboration by other employees
TNE admins confirmed that the ex-employees were not using proxies or TOR and had plausible Texas-area ISPs.
—jvlas, another ex-employee
Here's a recording of a phone call between employees with some more details (Tindeck link) The person on the phone is reportedly the security supervisor's current girlfriend, also an employee, who has been told all the details of the hack. YouTube mirror
HostGator violates US trade regs
CONFIRMED. HostGator does business with organizations in Iran and Syria.
- Hostgator treason1.png
- Hostgator treason2.png
Verify for yourself at http://network-tools.com/default.asp?prog=express&host=mg-me.com. Any WHOIS tool will confirm.
—then-CEO Brent Oxley, internal company memo
See other .ir domains supported by HostGator: http://www.google.com/search?q=inurl:%22.ir%22+websitewelcome
This information has already been passed on to the appropriate federal agencies.
Spam ring and CP
On 22 November, 2010, Hangly Man announced that he had received a subpoena from Assistant U.S. Attorney Mark W. White III demanding the IP address of the original poster (See above). It also commands Hangly Man to fly to the opposite side of the planet and appear in a Houston courthouse. The document was addressed to his internet handle instead of his real name, and was curiously sent to him rather than his hosting provider.
Hangly Man responded with an address to which the Department of Justice can send some airline tickets.
- Hostgator subpoena actual1.png
Cover letter of the subpoena.
- Hostgator subpoena reply.png
Meet the team
Stage name: Brent Thundercheeks. Brent "put school on hold" in 2002 so he and his friends could piss away his parents' money prentending to run a company. Brent has no plans to return to school to complete his degree in Professional Eating.
—That Man, ex-employee
Stage name: Hotpants Lance. This guy has some serious trust and control issues. LanceJew buys his jorts from King Size Direct. He's also madly in love with his best friend Brent's wife. Both of his parents are lawyers.
—NAUGHTY ON THE POTTY, ex-employee
Doug is the Chat Technician Supervisor. It's clear how he got the job, given his excellent history of dealing with customers:
—actual support chat transcript with customer
He bumped into Brent and Lance at DEFCON one summer, drunk off his ass and reeking of moist garbage. They offered him a job on the spot.
—anonymous current employee
Rob was fired amid some as-yet-unknown drama. He was said to have "burned them pretty good" before he was terminated.
is part of a series on
[Go Live One]