troll account on DeviantART that is devoted to, as the appropriate name explains, faving the ridiculous amount of trash found on the site. It was started due to the user's frustration at clicking on Random Deviation and being showered with, not delicious artworks, but rather, shitastic doodles, camwhorage, and the rest of the AIDS that killed dA.is a
IFavTrash hopes to affect change on devianTART by helping to discourage the posting of such garbage on the site in the first place. The effectiveness of this method is questionable, as most of the people receiving a fave will probably be too dense to realize they are being insulted, and instead glory in their increased favecount. In addition, the size of the resulting favorites gallery would surely be so large as to swiftly attract the dA banhammer, if only to save the disk space wasted from hosting two separate and complete versions of the entire website.
As expected, drama has already begun to ensue in response to IFavTrash. Butthurt "artists" come to baaaw in the comments, or else to make lame excuses like, "I know it isn't art, I was just messing around!" (Well, then, don't post it up on deviantART). Other people get all politically correct and spout, "OMG, what if this account crushes the hopes and dreams of a young, aspiring artist and they become an hero in shame!!!11". Because, you know, the 13-year-old boy that worked so hard to doodle their Narutard OC on lined paper is totally going to one day sprout talent and become epic. And of course don't forget the most ridiculous response, "There's no such thing as bad art!1!!". Yeah, because Happy Tree Friends shipping is comparable to Picasso.
IFavTrash believes it is better to smash people's dreams sooner, rather than later, and eventually spare us from having to look at so much crap on the internet. Until then, we can point and laugh at all the trash that is faved.
Gallery of lulz
Due to this article providing him so much attention and tons of messages claiming "You are great, I support your fight", IFavTrash decided to post the "discussions" he has with the "artists", so people looking for drama won't bore looking for them through at least 100 pages of useless comments. Ironically, these deviations fill deviantArt with exactly the kind of non-art that he claims to combat. But we forgive him for that because he brings the lulz.
The artistic value of your trash is measured by faves. That means, if IFavTrash faves your work, you're probably great.
—IFavTrash, like most trolls, can be very reasonable.
—IFavTrash - shutting the fuck up of whining troll-trollers.
—IFavTrash showing his sense of humour.
—IFavTrash's frustrated confession.
—IFavTrash - believing his fight will become epic.
—IFavTrash's wishes to hold the dA banhammer.
- An inspiration for IFavTrash's trolling ways, DailyDisappointment features crap in its favorites gallery, operating as the opposite of DevianTART's official Daily Deviations. Actually, scratch that, they function exactly the same. DailyDisappointment's primary target is the infamous "blurry webcam emo shot," but will fave anything disappointing.
- Linked in IFavTrash's journals, these accounts take the moralfag approach against the trash on dA by whining and starting a club, but not actually achieving anything, especially not lulz.
, , and
- IFavTrash copycats, faving all kinds of crap deviations, but particularly targeting the "pictures of your friends"
- A supposed photography buff, who, along with faving Myspace photos and effortless snapshots, also features exceptionally bad finds in journal entries, comparing them to worthwhile photography found elsewhere on the site.
- Sonic Says plz account, now serving the additional function of faving primarily shitty drawings.
IFavTrash is part of a series on
Visit the DeviantART Portal for complete coverage.
IFavTrash is part of a series on
Visit the Trolls Portal for complete coverage.