Oldwindybear (AKA John1951, AKA JohninMaryland) was a Wikipedia admin, who quit after it was found out he abused sock puppets, including nominating himself for adminship because no one else liked him.
He got Caught, Biatch!
He got caught when Timothy Usher's sock puppet Proabivouac took way too much time digging up evidence. Lol, caught sockpuppeteer caught by a sock puppet. He later decided to quit, and spend time raping his grandsons.
What others think
- OK, in that case I am going to block your account as that of a confirmed sockpuppeteer and ask for a steward to remove the admin bit from it. Theresa Knott | The otter sank 10:04, 25 July 2007 (UTC)
- OWB/SS has also grossly abused Mytwocents in Suspected sock puppets/Oldwindybear ... I'm not sure why more attention was not given to OWB's bizarre creation of SS's talkpage, noted by Mytwocents. I must say I agree with all Barneca's 'rant' and am surprised, given all this, that there is any support for OWB (or any of his clones) ever being welcome back in any capacity. (There was an email sent by OWB to Jonashart 'from work' earlier this month - might that reveal an i.p. address in its headers?) -- roundhouse0 14:34, 25 July 2007 (UTC) 
- So what exactly do you intend to do with all this evindence? OWB has semingly left Wikipedia, but I beleive with this evidence you can get him blocked for being a MeatPuppeteer. --ÄtΘmicR€£igionesїgñ 
- This is pretty big considering Wikipedia puts a crap load of trust in their administrators, and denouncing that there are any corrupt admins. Well I guess we found one. --Wikipedia:User:Atomic Religione 
- I want to thank you for both your time spent working on this, I thought I had discovered this a while back, certain posting styles/times of account usage jumped out at me, but I didn't believe I would be able to put anything this elaborate together, this is more detailed and damning then anything I could have managed. Dureo 07:20, 27 July 2007 (UTC) 
He came back a few weeks later as John1951, since his grandkids were tired of buttsecks. He decided to leave when he found some new jailbait to play with. That's not candy in his van kids. This account was revealed by Sasha Callahan who wanted to get blocked because she was done with being a wikipedo.
The Evidence John1951=Oldwindybear
Heres some proof:
Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2007 14:26:39 -0700
Subject: RE: Wikipedia e-mail
I trust you, and I do not believe you would violate that trust unless I did something to warrant such, which I do not plan to do.
I came back quietly as John1951, after talking to a crat, and others. Feel free to monitor my postings - I posted the article I had written, but not posted, and categorized the last article I wrote, which no one had cateogrized while I was gone. That was all I did, for now. The extent to which I will continue editing, frankly, depends on a number of things. I would like to quietly write articles - please let me know what you thought of the new article, at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Little_Robe_Creek
After this was posted on several Wikipedia pages, it was promptly oversighted and Sasha Callahan was blocked for posting it.
Subject: Wikipedia e-mail
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2007 08:12:56 -0700
From: john martin (oldwindybear1@[redacted])
Before I say anything, I want to tell you this; I know who you are, and sure as hell you know who I am. I've known for some time now that you are the same person as NE, and you know that I was once OWB, and now use the name John1951.
I appreciate you not telling anyone about my new name. A few members of MILHIST are aware of my former identity, and are willing to support a future RFA. I realize I said I wouldn't put myself into a position of power, but seeing some support for it has emboldenned me to be an admin again.
I'm not asking for your support. Nor do I expect it. However, given our past-history, I'd KINDLY ask you not to participate. If you shall oppose me, it would be awfully tempting for me to tell an admin or two your past identity. And these ones won't be so hospitable to the idea of getting a new start.
This email wasn't posted on Wikipedia, so ED should be proud to have such exclusive evidence of fraud on Wikipedia.
Return of the Pedo?
- Oldwindybear QUIT!
- Stillstudying Blocked!
- Finishedwithschool Blocked!
- John1951 QUIT!
- JohninMaryland Active for now
Oldwindybear is part of a series on
Visit the Wikipedia Portal for complete coverage.