Marvel vs. Capcom 2: New Age of Heroes
Marvel vs. Capcom 2: New Age of Heroes is a fun, arcade button masher, that isn't suitable for competitive play due to the many unstoppable exploits that can be repeated mercilessly throughout a match. However, due to the popularity of the Marvel characters, Capcom's inability to produce good original fighting games any more, and the exploits popularized by the internet, this game became very popular among the "Script Kiddies."
It was around this time that these players figured out all of the cheap exploits on the internet and decided to hoard internet forums like shoryuken.com and whine and cry about "Anything Goes in competitive tournaments", because cheating is not important to them as long as they win. (these players would later plague most other video games as well, particularly online games, ruining the experience for everyone else.)
Though the game is still popular among the "Script Kiddies," it is only rarely played competitively at legitimate fighting game tournaments, due to the many exploits. The game is featured annually at EVO 2K, one of the smaller, lesser known competitive game tournaments that allow "anything goes" matches, even seeking out games like MVC2 and refusing true competitive titles like Virtua Fighter 5; due to the fact that it's too easy to counter cheesy repetitive moves.
It is at EVO 2K, where the same 3 players, who were never heard of before Marvel Vs. Capcom 2, compete annually for the grand prize, utilizing only the top 5 characters and cheapest exploits to try to "out-cheese" each other. These 3 players then go home and hide in the corner of their local arcade, practicing their cheap moves, until the next year, when they resurface to try and claim the prize once again.
Meanwhile, other players play real fighting games.
Marvel has recently ancounced that the game will be re-released as downloadable content for the XBox 360 and PlayStation 3 in 1080p HIGH DEFINITION. With the added ability to play online, you can now discuss your tactics with others while you play and can also obtain achievements and trophies.
The Big 4
- Cable - The only fighting game character EVAR who can aim a gun properly
- Storm - MAKE IT RAIN
MagnetoMAG-FUCKIN-NETO - CURLEH MOUSTACHE
- Sentinel - ROCKET PUNCH ROCKET PUNCH ROCKET PUNCH ROCKET PUNCH ROCKET PUNCH ROCKET PUNCH ROCKET PUNCH ROCKET PUNCH ROCKET PUNCH
- Capt. Commando- GIANT FUCKING ELECTROWAVE OUT OF NOWHERE THAT COVERS HALF THE SCREEN.
- Cyclops - OPTIC BLAST OPTIC BLAST OPTIC BLAST OPTIC BLAST OPTIC BLAST OPTIC BLAST OPTIC BLAST OPTIC BLAST OPTIC BLAST
- Wolverine - BERSERKER BARRAGE BERSERKER BARRAGE BERSERKER BARRAGE BERSERKER BARRAGE BERSERKER BARRAGE BERSERKER BARRAGE BERSERKER BARRAGE BERSERKER BARRAGE BERSERKER BARRAGE
- Boneverine - Wolverine, except with a different claw.
- Iron Man - HERE'S MY SUNDAY PANTS
- War Machine - Iron Man in black person
- Roll - The only manly option.
- Marvel vs Capcom 3 (the sequel to this game where you can punch titties)
- Mega Man
- Street Fighter
- Time Paradox
- Video Games
Marvel vs. Capcom 2: New Age of Heroes is part of a series on
Visit the Gaming Portal for complete coverage.