- Web IRC
- Trending Articles
- The Current Year
- ED in the News
- Donate to ED
- Advertise on ED
- ED Bookmarklet
From Encyclopedia Dramatica
According to various sources, obsession is a recurring and unwanted idea, often unreasonable or disturbing in nature, that cannot be eliminated. Most users of the Internets are obsessive about something or other, whether it be drama, LiveJournal, a canon work or a particular band.
Obsessive behavior is easily identified. If you think that you or someone you know is obsessed, please consult this list of symptoms.
- Do they ever think about someone that they know solely via the Internets even when not on the Internets?
- Do they read and reply to every post a person makes on their LiveJournal or blog?
- Do they keep the name of a person on their AIM list, even after the discontinuance of communication, simply to see when they last logged on?
- Do they check someone's profile on MySpace to last see when they logged on, and for how long?
- Do they write or read fanfic or slashfic about a specific movie, book or other work?
- Do they belong to more than one LiveJournal community about a single topic, person or subject?
- Do they continue to argue with and "defend themselves" from trolls or LJDrama staff, even when the obvious path of least resistance would be to simply ignore them?
- Do they own an LJDrama or Encyclopedia Dramatica button?
- Do they check the Recent Changes section of the Encyclopedia Dramatica hourly?
Certain subjects, people or topics are more commonly the objects of obsessive behavior OL than others. These include:
At least a hundred years ago, Calvin Klein came out with a perfume called "Obsession." It is most famous for its advertising catchphrase: "Somewhere between desire and need lies
The stuff smells horrible, but for some reason it can still be bought at most any major mall.