- Hatreon (Donate)
- Web IRC
In neo-Netspeak, showing sarcastic emphasis is key. Fake excitement and rip-offs of eBay-style feedback are commonplace, as well as making fun of how n00bs talk of their own volition and how they are inspired to try to talk l33t even though they are un-l33t. In this form of punctuation, exclamation marks are repeated a lot, but there's a PHUNNY! twist. It's as if someone got a little too enthusiastic and lost control of their shift key; it goes from being a series of exclamation marks to being a series of exclamation marks either terminated with trailing "1"s, or interspersed with them.
Advanced users will recognize the opportunity to embellish this further; as in Netspeak, the most elegant or flagrantly abusive style wins, and doing something moar is a sign that you are obviously smarter and cooler than everyone else. In this case, the super-cool will have occurrences of the word "one". Fuck, if you're really cool, type the word "eleven" (anything past eleven [i.e one-hundred-and-eleven] is zero times funny). If a statement is read aloud which is punctuated in this manner, the individual "!"s and "1"s should be read aloud as "bang"(or in the case of normal English speakers, "Exclamation mark" or "Factorial" for mathfags) and "one" respectively, and anything mixed in should be read aloud, unless it is "I'm a dumbass." The series of characters should almost always end with a word for the number 1, or with a "1".
The expression gained notoriety in the Arfenhouse series of flash films, in which various characters spoke in a bastardized form of l33t. However, given that Arfenhouse hasn't been popular for the past five years and its creator killed himself, there is some confusion as to why the trend continues.
- !!!!!!!!11 (n00blet original)
- !!11&one;! (Web 2.0 only)
- !!!!!!!!!eleventy!!!!!!11 (This version is used by unfunny ebaumsworld cunts)
- !!!111!!111!!!11oneoneeleven0n3 (very h4xx indeed!)
- !!!!111!!!111one!!1oneone0n3zeronthreez3r0n7hr33zthreerzeronsevenhrthreethreez7hr33rz3r0n53v3nhr7hr33thr33 (ULT1M8 H4XX F0R3V3R) (0H 5H1--)
- !!!!!!!!!1111111!!!!!!!11111!1uno!!1cientoonce! (Mexican)
- ???????//11? (Doing it wrong).
- !!!!!ONEoneONEoneoNEoENonEonEnoENoEnOENoONEoneOEnONEoEMNOEN 300 MILLION!
- !!,!,!,! (for iPad owners)
Other Forms Too Advanced For You
- Use !!!!111! or any other variant, but not because you are actually making a mistake or trying to be funny or making fun of people trying to be funny. Instead you are using it to make fun of people making fun of people trying to be funny, thus demonstrating how cool and hip and seasoned you are. This is an example of Hipster Irony. Warning: Only use this if you truly have your finger on the pulse of internet high society.
- Add in a dictionary definition of the word 'one', eg 'The ordinarily of an element which has no predecessor; usually called first' or The cardinality of the smallest nonempty set. The number of heads a typical human has.'
- Try throwing in other numbers, 5 seems to be popular.
- If you are in extreme LOLgasm, a 2 or @ is fine too. Disregard that, twos don't exist.
- Throw in a word to prove just how hilariously random and silly you are. !!!!!!!11111221111!!!
- Spell out eleven instead of just one.
- Use 111111111111 to signify your presumption that all caps mode amounts to permanent shift key activation.
- Use "shift+1", which is how you actually make a "!". !!!11shift+1!1oneone
- Add question marks and forward-slashes (???????////)
- Throw in some "uno"s and "eins"s to show how smrt u r.
- To be a total wanker, spell out "exclamation mark" repeatedly as opposed to "one". (e.g. !!!exclamationmarkexclamationmarkexcamationmark1111).
- If you are spanish, be sure to include some upside-down ones in the beginning of your sentence: ¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡əuoəuoəuo or ¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡ounounoun
- Another popular method is adding "eleventy-one" or "eleventy" a la Bilbo Baggins, i.e. !!!!11!!eleventy-one!!
- Use cos(0), sin(90), tan(45), e^0, log(10), ln(e), -e^(i*pi), or 0.999... all of which are equal to 1. MIND HURTS.
- Include directions on how to draw a certain character. For example, replace "1" with "Draw a single vertical line with a 225° line protruding from the top point and a smaller horizontal line intersecting perpendicular to the bottom the point, and repeat this process multiple times".
- Explain how one can write 1, such as "With your index finger, tap the '1' button near the top-left of your keyboard gently, and repeat in accordance to desired quantity"
- Explain "1" in further detail, such as "number which precedes 2 and exceeds 0", or "smallest odd number which is a multiple of itself only yet is not prime". Be as retarded as you like.
- Write an enyclopedia article describing the entire process, or, better yet, add an irrelevant, last-word, ultimately self-referential comment to a pre-existing example of such, or hey, even a last-word AFTER a last-word (repeat the cycle).
- Add a ZOMGGGGGZZZZ onto the end for more emphasis.
- Add the letter V after cuntpasting something many times. Implies you let go of the Ctrl key before the V. Example: "duck duck duck duck duck duck duck duck duck duck duck duck duck duck duck duck duck duck duck duck duck duck duck duck duck duck duck duck duck vvv"
- Add a random obscure Unicode symbol, example: zomg!!!11!۩!1 No, use 卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐卐
- The expression (10^large-1)/9, which is written in base-10 as a string of 1s with length large (implicitly presumed to be an integer).
- FFFFFFFF, which is hex for a 32-bit string of 1s.
- Write "1" in 1337 as 0|\|3 or even 23|&0 |>1|>3 |=0|&\/\/4|&|) 5|_45# |>1|>3 7#|&33
- Don't write anything.
As part of username on LiveJournal
For a while, putting a 1 in front of pretty much anything was a trendy way to make 1justin parody account on LJ (1ruxpin, 1jameth, 1jewstein, etc.). Most of them were unfunny and 1justin had several of them suspended. LJ Abuse didn't really seem to have any rhyme nor reason behind which ones they'd suspend and which ones they wouldn't.
|Oneoneone is part of a series on Language & Communication|