Anyone asking for donations to pay the server bills is trying to scam you.
In html, the / or forward slash is used as part of html syntax to 'end' an instruction. For example, <big>WORD</big> will translate into WORD.
This 'device' is now commonly used on forums, boards, macros and in threads and posts to make a statement. For example, /thread will be used by a poster when he thinks he has posted a comment or macro that has pwnt the whole thread/topic. In practice, all browsers and all users ignore this instruction.
- The / (or forward slash) character that goes in URL's and either side of b to complete /b/. When saying "/b/", the slashes are silent.
- Bible slash - Jesus totally fucked Judas.
- slashfic - The fan fiction term
- slashcode - A blogging and news system
- slashdot - Place where lunix enthusiasts stroke their e-penis.
- Slash -the washed-up drug-addled guitarist of '80s' rockers Guns N' Roses.
- Backslash -what gays use instead.
|Slash is part of a series on Language & Communication|