Spike's Video Game Awards
The Spike Video Game awards are brought to you by Burger King, Mountain Dew, 2011 Jeep Wrangler, Dr. Pepper, The US Army, Sprint, Verison and Gamespot. Spike's Video Game Awards is a time when independent companies (fueled by mountain dew) and huge studio game companies come together to win awards, too bad it's all rigged. If the game isn't an action first person shooter then it will lose every category. The VGAs are merely a popularity contest meaning only the over rated and over hyped games will win, games like Halo, Call of Duty, Mass Effect, Battlefield and Assassin's Creed. Winners are selecting by online poll voting.
Spike's Video Game Awards has received numerous hate mail about it being fake and gay. They choose random celebrities that know nothing of video games and don't even represent the game they give the award to. The whole thing is rigged and it's just one big promotion every year to make shit loads of money and promote games no one gives a shit about.
- Best Performance by a human female: Megan Fox
- Halo on the PC won the best shooter category when it was technically a two year old game ported to another system.
- 50 Cent: Bulletproof was nominated as best game of the year.
- Halo winning anything
- Peter Jackson's King Kong: The Official Game of the Movie was nominated for game of the year.
- Uncharted 2 wins 2009's game of the year but loses to it's own category in action.
- Madden NFL 2004 wins game of the year in 2003.
- Neil Patrick Harris won the best male voice award. He was also the host of the VGA show during that night.
Best PS3 Game
Best Xbox 360 Game
Best PC Game
- Fallout: New Vegas
- Mass Effect 2
- Sid Meier's Civilization V
- StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty
Game of the Year
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
- Mass Effect 3
Spike's Video Game Awards is part of a series on
Visit the Gaming Portal for complete coverage.