- Hatreon (Donate)
- Web IRC
|Only proposed changes to the Main Page go here. NOT XOTNs. |
For everything else, use Needed/Proposed or TJC.
PROTIP: This talk page is ONLY for reporting bugs and discussing ideas concerning the front page of ED. If you submit your video or article ideas here, they *will* be ignored. Use the appropriate talk pages for suggestions.
If your suggestion is in fact for the Main Page, follow the instructions below:
- Log in
- Click here to start a new section at the bottom of this page
- Type the subject of your proposition in the Subject/headline box
- State your proposed change in explicit detail, without getting all TL;DR with it
- Sign your motherfucking post with four tildes (seriously, it's just ~~~~)
- Press the "SHOW PREVIEW" button so you can make sure you didn't fuck up
- Save Page
- 1 Hamas forbids New Year Celebrations in their part of PALESTINE
- 2 Place VOTN under POTN
- 3 HTML5 instead of Flash on embedded videos
- 4 You missed a great meme for article of the now!
- 5 Carrie Fisher is dead as fuck.
- 6 Try clicking #NotMySuperbowlChamps
- 7 Adding "/tomorow" to the end of "Main_Page" in the URL
- 8 Articles that need help
- 9 What's with the coding?
- 10 Please add my article to the "Articles That Need Help" section
Hamas forbids New Year Celebrations in their part of PALESTINE
It's happening NAO: http://www.jewishpress.com/news/breaking-news/no-joy-in-mudville-pa-bans-checkpoint-riot-in-ramallah-hamas-bans-new-years-celebrations/2015/12/30/ Sadmax 11:19, 31 December 2015 (EST)
- Quote from the article: "In Gaza, Hamas [is] announcing a ban on New Year celebrations. The decree forbids restaurants and hotels to host celebrations on the occasion of New Year’s Day. The decision to ban [...] celebrating New Year’s Eve came as it is incompatible with the teachings of our religion." Sadmax 11:26, 31 December 2015 (EST)
Place VOTN under POTN
That way the VOTN isn't buried under all the news and is more visible to the visitors, resulting in more hits for the vids. Many of them are usually low view-count and it would make more sense from a design prospective; media to the right, text to the left, basically.
AlGore 05:58, 6 March 2016 (EST)
- i'd prefer people see articles first instead of videos. reply 13:55, 6 March 2016 (EST)
Uhh.. AOTN is the top module on the left. VOTN would just be under POTN, both on the top right. AOTN wouldn't be effected. AlGore 22:14, 10 March 2016 (EST)
HTML5 instead of Flash on embedded videos
Flash is dying. If you can, try and get HTML5 working on the VOTN and embedded videos on other articles. AnonymousNY 16:35, 16 March 2016 (EDT)
- I think it will be covered once the wiki gets a mediawiki update. The current one does not support any never widgets and fun shit. CobaltCat 16:49, 16 March 2016 (EDT)
- I might have found something. CobaltCat 05:30, 19 March 2016 (EDT)
You missed a great meme for article of the now!
You should have put for the link to say "Lets get right into the noose!" for the "Rat" article.
Carrie Fisher is dead as fuck.
Carrie Fisher is kill and it's probably worth changing in the Did You Know... section. ByrdA 18:06, 15 January 2017 (EST)
Try clicking #NotMySuperbowlChamps
Easy fix would be just to remove the # out of the name, it would work after that. Caku 08:58, 13 February 2017 (EST)
- Done. Thanks for letting us know. The pound sign should only be used for linking to anchors. --JuniusThaddeus 09:09, 13 February 2017 (EST)
Adding "/tomorow" to the end of "Main_Page" in the URL
When I add "/tomorrow" onto the end of "Main_Page" in the URL to check if the XOTN that I set up was set up right, the page is still in its old format. Is this a problem or am I just pointlessly complaining? OOMPA LOOMPA WORK FACTORY 18:29, 24 February 2017 (EST)
- No need. What you set as an entry is exactly what will appear in the appropriate area... just a bit more cramped. — VX 22:13, 24 February 2017 (EST)
Articles that need help
Hey I do suggest that we post Shadman's page on the Articles that Need Help in light of recent events. --ShadowofColosuss 00:58, 2 April 2017 (EDT)