- Web IRC
The Great LiveJournal Buyout of 2007
Half of LiveJournal's users have freaked out due to fear of the gulag, while the other half have proclaimed that Russian laws would grant them all the free shota and music they wanted. Of course, since the servers will be staying in San Francisco, and the same people will be running things, nothing at all will actually change -- but LJ users aren't going to let a little thing like facts stop them from going into full drama mode.
—jayspec, who knows because of his geopolitical learnings
The Advisory Board
Knowing that most of the plebes would be placated if "one of their own" were part of the new regime, SUP in their finite wisdom has set up an "Advisory Board," otherwise known as I could do a better job than them.
By taking a page from TOW, SUP is only going to replicate TOW-style admin drama on a scale that would make Jimbo piss himself. Few will object to the appointment of LJ founder Brad, but even fewer will be able to agree on any possible candidate for the other adviser position.
Moar totally rational thoughts
- We have a right to know about things that haven't happened yet!
- Does this mean they're going to DELETE FUCKING EVERYTHING?
- Russian free speech laws ROCK!
- Look out for those Russian Nigerian spam haxors, yeah.
- OMG BRAD CAME BACK TO SAVE US
- The first martyr!
- The Great Livejournal Strikethrough of 2007
- The Russian LJ Abuse Conspiracy (THEY WARNED US!! WE DIDN'T LISTEN!!!)
The Great LiveJournal Buyout of 2007 is part of a series on
Visit the LiveJournal Portal for complete coverage.