In reality it can be difficult to find a book which describes the right technique on how to punch your partner in the back of the head during buttsecks without breaking their necks. Thanks to Wikipedia you can not only find out that your strange BDSM fetish is known as a 'Donkey Punch', but also which porn actress hated it the most.
However even by internet standards Wikipedia occasionally notices there are some edits and articles that little bit too retarded to be real.
Creating hoax articles is amazingly easy - all that is required to prevent them from calling "Bullshit!" is external sources. Want to show that the white man is the superior race? Link to Metapedia. Want to show the world is ruled by aliens reptiles? David Icke approves. An inner earth? Link to the only site which tells the truth - proving that if you say something often enough it magically becomes true.
Most hoax articles As seen above the longest-lasting hoax was research on the clitoris, presumably created to show that wikipedos can be both intellectual and sexy. Amazingly they failed to notice the obvious fact that the clitoris doesn't exist, making the article itself a complete fake.
Other Incredibly Obvious Hoaxes
- Wiki hoax pretraumatic stress disorder.png
- Wiki hoax Ox of Bull.png
This took 10 months to notice.
- Wiki hoax climbing jack.png
Naturally the best time to create joke articles.
- Wiki hoax Dunin.png
Articles NOT Considered Hoaxes
- Nazi UFOs- considered so bizarre and retarded it was cuntpasted on to ED.
- Articles on balloon-fuckers stolen from Cracked.com
- Criticisms of Wikipedia pissed on for not being written from a 'neutral point of view'
- Jimmy Wales
founded Wikipedia all by himself. No saying Jimmy Wales said he founded Wikipedia by himself is the hoax!!
- List of (known) hoaxes on Wikipedia
- "Society for the Preservation of the Quazer Beast" This page contains material that is kept because it is considered humorous.
Wikipedia Hoaxes is part of a series on
Visit the Wikipedia Portal for complete coverage.