A wiki is commonly defined as:
- n. A form of communism that uses a software program that never deletes anything but uses data compression of old edits, so if you fill it with something uncompressable like the exact value of pi, you can shut down a wiki. Similar to a blog, you can google bomb with a wiki by putting lots and lots of links with the same text to a website. Like a blog, wikis are the result of a single individual editor (SlimVirgin on Wikipedia and Taurin Fox on WikiFur, for example), and everyone else's edits are changed back to those of the one editor.
This means that anyone can edit the content within this site - except for you! All your edits will be reverted, articles and pictures deleted, your user page vandalized, and your talk page frozen.
If you are not quite sure how to use the site or want more information on how to write articles, we have extensive Help and FAQ sections. These sections will give you an idea about how to make edits and use the site. However, those sections can be edited as well! You are so fucked!
With the introduction of Web 2.0 technology, creating a wiki has become quick, cheap, and easy, so it's no surprise that just about every fandom, series, movement, and subject imaginable now has its very own wiki. However, expanding and maintaining a good wiki is not as easy, so most wikis will quickly fall into a state of ruin and be abandoned, consisting solely of a handful of unfinished articles and scattered vandalism until the domain lease is up.
Some Facts About Wikis
- Wikis are responsible for 92% of the copypasta in the business and education life.
- Mysteriously, NO sysop is not an idiot with power.
- 78% of debatable articles have more than 20 irrelevant references nobody bothers looking at.
- You are more likely to get banned from a wiki than any other website.
- 89% of wiki editors are basement dwellers
Most wikis run on MediaWiki.
Primary RPG classes
- Real Editor
- A real editor edits in their interests, gets in edit wars over people removing their hard work, fights, cusses, throws tantrums when mad, etc. This type is the only type sincere about helping a wiki and unless someone occasionally vandalizes the userpage of another for reverting them, then they're just a poser. An example is User:Astanhope, regularly blocked for everything including vandalism,  and says things like "Why not keep your dick in your pants the next time and spend 20 seconds reading the article the next time before you delete?"  but continues useful editing.
- Honest Troublemaker
- Vandals, trolls, and even those who do sneaky vandalism, as long as they do it before trying to weasel into the power structure, they should be respected for at least being to a degree honest about it.
- Power Climber
- If you see someone doing boring maintenance or being civil, then they don't care about helping the wiki at all. They're only out to power climb. People in this class don't even want the power as much as the status to compensate for being losers in real life with no significant other and they also have no job or they could afford to buy a real MMORPG. People in this class may also be old people who are retired, their children never call or visit, and a real video game seems too kiddie for them. Example, see this RFA. 83 votes for and none against, and not even a single neutral. Obviously too perfect. That person also has a two year gap in the middle of their contributions during which time they possibly went around vandalizing on sock puppets.
- This class starts out similar to a power climber, but they don't do as much work and do a lot of sucking up. They make friends with everyone in power so they can bully all the real editors on the site. Where a power climber will watch recent changes and revert vandalism, a griefer will watch recent changes and revert useful contributions from people without a circle of friends on the wiki. This class is drawn to popular wikis, but they have trouble because so are the power climbers since every nerd thinks it's cool to be an admin of Wikipedia. Semi-popular wikis are where the griefer class really shines (a good example is Wookieepedia) because almost nobody cares about being admin of a little shit-wiki, so griefers can come in and eventually replace every single administrator with a griefer and once that is done, it's a military coup and all hell breaks loose.
A partial list of wikis on the internet.
- Bulbapedia - Wiki of pokemans
- PikaWiki - editorless knockoff of Bulbapedia
- Citizendium - Wiki of Pseudointellectuals
- Christopedia - "A wiki the saved can edit."
- Conservapedia - Wiki of Jesus
- Creepypasta Wiki - For
invented ridiculouspastas that involve Slenderman, the Griefer, Candlejack and smi
- Creationist wiki - A wiki for creationists
- CWCki - A wiki on Chris-chan
- Dramatica - Ukrainian copypasta of ED. If you knew Ukrainian, you'd be OLDFAG FOREVER.
- Encyclopedia Dramatica - Official Winrar of BEST WIKI EVAR from some homo webawards.
- Encyclopedia of Stupid - Wiki of Anger
- Fan History - Wiki of fanatics and their fanbois
- Failcyclopedia - Wiki of Fail. Mainly an attack site full of butthurt ED rejects, lost half its content in a recent WoW strike lol.
- Final Fantasy Wiki - wiki full of elitist fanboys who's communism rivals that of wikipedia and often create internet drama on the IRC resulting in 3-day bans.
- goatsepedia.com - Goatse-themed Encyclopedia
- Insurgency Wiki - Wiki for co-ordination of terrorists
- The Idea Wiki- a wiki for Chris-Chan wannabees
- Illogicopedia - Wiki of stupid nonsense
- Inciclopedia - Uncyclopedia en Español
- Liberapedia - Conservapedia, only Liberal
- Know Your Meme - Wiki of internet memes that isn't ED
- LURKMORE wiki - Wiki of /b/ memes and related shit that isn't ED
- Metapedia - a true Nazi wiki
- My Little Pony Wiki - Autism Central
- Nigrapedia - For all things relevant to Pool's Closed
- Obamapedia - Official wiki of the Dark Overlord
- OhInternet - Wiki of Traitors.
- OrthodoxWiki - Wiki of Fanaticism
- ThePPN - Weeaboo wiki, all about J-poop
- Russian Lurkmore - Russian copypasta of ED.
- Star Wars Fanon - wiki for Star Wars fanfiction
- Trendpedia - Wiki of Domain Expired
- Spanking Art Wiki
- A Storehouse of Knowledge – Encyclopedia written in a biblical / Creationist viewpoint
- TV Tropes - Supposedly a wiki of tropes, but it's more a wiki of fantards
- UESP - Wiki of The Elder Scrolls
- Uncyclopedia - Wiki of Funny and Win (just joking)
- Vigorous Food - Wiki of Gluttony
- Wickerpedia - Wiki of Envy
- Wikiality - Wiki of The Colbert Report fanbois
- Wikibin - Archive of some deleted Wikipedia® articles, "The Recycle Bin of Wikipedia"
- Wikichan - Wiki of Lust (more *chan related shit)
- WikiFail - another crapshit ED ripoff, founded in April 2009 by a bunch of fags whose shit failed to meet our lofty standards.
- Wikimedia Foundation - Wiki of Greed
- WikiFur - Wiki of OHGODNO!!111
- WikiHow - Wiki of useless "How To" info
- Wikileaks - Wiki of Snitches
- Wikipedia - Wiki of Pride
- WikiSpooks - Brought to you by Holocaust denier and "Jews did 9/11" enthusiast Peter Presland.
- Wikitravel - Wiki of Tourism
- Wikitruth - Strange Wikipedia support site, no longer operating.
- WikiWikiWeb - Where Wikis started
- Wookieepedia - Wiki of Wookiees
- /v/'s Recommended Games Wiki - Wiki for /v/irgins who are too lazy to decide what games to play themselves
- YTMND wiki - The official YTMND wiki
- unanswers wiki - a wiki where a bunch of faggots think they are funny and try to unanswer questions, has lulz potential
- Monkey totalitarianism
- Shit no one cares about
Wiki is part of a series on
Visit the Trolls Portal for complete coverage.