From Encyclopedia Dramatica
- A word fat people say when offered more food.
- A "progressive rock" ("prog rock," "album-oriented rock") band from the '70s - today best known for the song "Owner Of A Lonely Heart," one of 16 year old Pieman's faves.
- "Tales from Topographic Oceans". Owner of a Lonely Heart is pop music, which Yes made in an attempt to sell out.
- The only legitimate answer to questions about sex on official forms.
- The universal "safety word."
- What a gal means when she says: "No!" during the portion of a date when foreplay has run its course and it's time for the guy to round 3rd base for home.
The word in action
- In English: Yes
- In Spanish: Sí
- In German: Ja
- In French: Oui
- In Russian: Da
- In Guido: You Know It! Badda bing badda boom!
- In Polish: Tak
- In Armenian: Ayo
- In Hebrew: Ken
- In Turkish: Evet
- In Ebonic: HELL YEAH WHITE MUTHAFUCKA
- In Gayanese: Of course, you silly willy!
- In Japanese: Hai
- In Chinese: Shi de
- In Rape: PLEASURE
- In Africa: Aww, Nigga Please! Damn straight!
- In Afghan: Ooh (A sloppy version of yes) // Ballé (A respectful version of yes)
- In Womanspeak: No
- In Tunaknese: Tunak Tunak Tun Tunak Tunak Tun Tunak Tunak Tun Da Da Da
- In ????: PROFIT
- In Scottish: Aye
|Yes is part of a series on Language & Communication|