- Web IRC
Killer, a suffix used mostly by douchebag technophiles and bloggers, is usually used to describe electronics and how they are going to "kill" the competition. This more than 92% of the time turns out to be the shittiest product with the largest hype imaginable. This means that the suffix "killer" is synonymous with crap.
- The LG Voyager, a dumbphone that only runs on BREW (The poor man's JAVA) was dubbed the iPhone-killer before it's release, however it turned out to be the biggest piece of shit phone since the iPhone itself (Meaning that it was such a POS that it made the iPhone look good.). With no storage, a terrible browser, no multitouch screen and most importantly no App Store, Verizon really screwed the pooch on that one.
- Any MMORPG that's hyped up to topple World of Warcraft. For example, Aion, once hailed as the greatest, most innovative MMO of all-time, had 31 servers merge into 13 10 months after release. Star Trek Online is another example, especially when someone tried to make an EQ2Flames ripoff and call it STOFlames. Guess what happened.
- Facebook was supposed to be the MySpace killer, oh wait, guess they are in the 8%. MySpace sucks.
- 'Google Plus is said to be the next Facebook killer, but Facebook updated their website when google+ launched thus canceling out anything google plus improved
- BlackBerry 9800 set to be unveiled next Tuesday will destroy the iPhone. No one is sure how yet. But it just will. Nevermind the fact that it’s at least the tenth or so phone to earn such a moniker.
|Killer is part of a series on Language & Communication|