This is serious. READ IT.
Before making your first article look over ED:101. If you don't, it is unlikely that your article will survive for more than sixty seconds and you risk being banned by ED Sysops.
We realize a lot of you are busy or may be new to ED, so here's just the most important info:
- Read ED:101. Seriously. The information contained within is invaluable. Further tutorials of use can be found here.
- To answer a message, reply on the user's talk page (Tab at the top that says 'discussion').
- Sign your comments by using four tildes (like this ~~~~)
- These are the sysops. If you have a problem, talk to them. They're here to help; we promise.
- The TJC is the community portal. It's linked to from every page; just look at the top left of the page. Check it daily.
- Use Special:Upload to upload pictures. Be sure to give them meaningful names. Also, do not upload any CP or Bestiality pr0n or you will be b&.
- Active editors and sysops can be found on ED IRC, or Discord. These are the places to go for advice, collaboration, and brownie points.
- Feeling social? Enjoy forums? We've got one.
- See ED:HELP and ED:POLICY for everything else.
--Conradrockbot (talk) 01:00, 9 March 2018 (UTC)
Abd vs. the Smiths
This pile of shit was moved here by Junius Thaddeus perhaps because it was uselessly polluting his watchlist, and the author clearly states it is about me, not about him. I don't want that smelly pile in my sitting room either, so I have moved it to User talk:Abd/Abd vs. the Smiths. I will wait until the author is finished with his dump before cleaning it up. I may ask for identity verification (as I provide on my blog, and the author here is either the known Oliver Smith, who knows how to validate his identity, or his twin, who could ask his brother to validate him.) Arguing endlessly with trolls who endlessly create new accounts, never seek any sort of agreement, and take no personal responsibility, is a waste of time. --Abd (talk) 16:33, 9 March 2018 (UTC)
get confirmation from mikemikev
As I said, you posted misinformation on your blog I am mikemikev's socks such as Samuel smith 4. This is potentially defamatory since I don't want to be linked to mikemikev's holocaust denial crackpottery and racialism pseudo-science. Mikemikev will hopefully admit the truth and confirm these are his (e.g. Samuel smith 4), if you ask him; he's now posting here now as dave50 and I left a comment on his talk. Once you get the confirmation, please delete the lies you posted. thanks.Isthmian (talk) 14:13, 17 April 2018 (UTC)
- This is becoming routine: you claim something is on my blog that is not there. Either you are simply lying or you are batshit crazy. I suggested that it was "possible" that certain accounts tagged as Mikemikev were impersonations. If that were the case and if you were the impersonation, this would not "associate" you with Mikemikev except as an enemy, and impersonation socks commonly say the opposite of what the impersonator would say. You -- Oliver, I assume -- have claimed that I don't take down errors, but I do. However, I may need to be pointed to them, specifically, not some vague reference that it's "on your blog." Since I didn't claim what you assert, this is all doubly crazy. If I don't agree that a comment is an error, I would nevertheless allow you a right of reply. You can say, for example, "Samuel smith 4" wasn't me, and I'd report that. The place for that is as a comment on the relevant page, where possible. Or you have my email address.
- And the rest of the planet would not GAF.
- To be clear, the pattern of intense impersonation socking (clearly identified in other cases) wasn't you, likely, but more likely your brother. But you have recently claimed it was all you. What is unmistakeable is that someone has been engaging in massive impersonation socking, in various places, and it isn't Mikemikev, as to anything I've been able to verify. Some of it, at least, is you or your brother. --Abd (talk) 23:18, 17 April 2018 (UTC)
hello, i am not a fan of collapsing walls of text but there are some templates listed here. imo it's better to simply not write screeds that are so long that people's eyes glaze over at the sight of them. :] -hipcrime 21:30, 20 December 2018 (UTC)
- Thanks. "If I Had More Time, I Would Have Written Less" attributed to (earliest) Blaise Pascal (1657). I learn by writing (I research and source, etc.) To shorten it, then, can take much more time, and it's already too much, often. So a collapse allows the reader to decide to read or not. I could also collapse to history, which then doesn't glut up the page. That can always be done (just make sure the material has a header, then delete it and replace it with a link to that header in page history.) I'm happy to do either one, but the option of boiling it down would require that it be very important, and this is just a fucking talk page on Encyclopedia Dramatica. The option of not writing it is easy, to be sure. Just don't pay any attention to ED.
- Actually, I tried using one of the templates. It does not appear to be usable, so I archived that long comment to page history. --Abd (talk) 01:08, 21 December 2018 (UTC)
Abd vs. Oliver
- (Moved from User_talk:JuniusThaddeus) (moved to User talk:Abd/Septic tank) --Abd (talk) 13:41, 21 January 2019 (UTC)
they do say that imitation is the most sincere form of
flattery faggotry. • MJ2.0 (Talk) 13:08, 27 January 2019 (UTC)